Toolstation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
What a result

Toolstation has just opened near me

200 yards from screwfix !!!!!! nice

Exactly the same as where i live!

Screw fix is on the left hand side of the industrial estate, then about 300 yards down the road... Tool station! lol

Although i went into tool station for a nosey the other day, and its worse than screw fix :(

I think Toolstation is owned by the same guy who originally set up Screwfix before selling it to Kingfisher, the owners of B&Q. He had a non-competition clause written in to the conditions of the sale, as is usual practice, & set up again as soon as it expired.

I think Toolstation is owned by the same guy who originally set up Screwfix before selling it to Kingfisher, the owners of B&Q. He had a non-competition clause written in to the conditions of the sale, as is usual practice, & set up again as soon as it expired.
Correct heard he got a bit tired sitting around doing nothing

Same here in Crayford TS right next to Screwfix. Talk about the owner of TS rubbing in it Screwfixs face. Direct competition ha ha. I find TS cheaper than SF on a lot of bits plus Screwfix is always out of stock on some bits. Cheeers

Its the same here!

One opened a few weeks ago on the same little trading estate, they're also about 200 yards from each other :D

There never seems to be anyone TS though! :|

And SF's prices seem to be creeping towards B&Q's lately
No supprise there then. Seems like if different companies are owned by the same group, over time their prices all match.

Some stuff at Toolstation is cheap for a reason, its cheap tat. Its supprising as the only things they are well out on for price is all the DeWalt kit. Its well overpriced compared to other places.

Not what I heard (And I think that it is on this forum, somewhere?) - SF's Lawyers apparently overlooked the part where they had to put a "Non-Competion Clause" in the contract.

They paid him over

nothing like that here in North wales. if you cant get it from Argios or B&Q then its off to the internet.
Shouldn't live in the sticks then should you:^O:^O:^O

Went in my local screwfix other day and there were two assistants behind the counter. The male assistant asked the other female for an item and she said she "aint got it" he then replied "Are you sure?"

She replied quite loudly " Fxck me, take me out the back and strip search me if you want to!" she said it like she wanted him to as well ]:)

Then a few minutes later another female assistant turns up from out the warehouse and says again quite loudly " ****** me, i have left me coat".

Just thinking to myself did these staff all apply for a Screwfix? Ffs!

Heard from my local TS that Travis Perkins who own wickes and benchmark are buying them soon.

Toolstation are excellent on downlights and loads cheaper than wholesalers. They now do low energy gu10's that are the sylvania ones for 3.60 ish i think. They fit straight into fire rated downlighters.