tradesmenquoter - another scam?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy8758

Reaction score
Hi everyone - anyone been cold-called by this web hosting group? They wanted

Anyone cold calling is in it for themselves, not for you.

Just one of many scams Andy. I get the same once a month from an outfit who maintain to be British Telecom, always scouse accent, they say they get loads of calls for electrical work in the North B,ham area and will pass it all to me for

Just one of many scams Andy. I get the same once a month from an outfit who maintain to be British Telecom, always scouse accent, they say they get loads of calls for electrical work in the North B,ham area and will pass it all to me for

Theres only one winner on those websites - The host !!

I wonder if another spark from the bristol area shown an interest, would they reply " sorry we already have an electrician for that area, we will have to refuse your money" - NOT

Something against scousers have we Andy?
if the number is 0151 or sounds like a scouser, then there has got to be something dodgy about it!

there is one company in particular, the fire/police etc magazine co (that havent called me for a while now?) who even have their own debt collection company, in the same building!

Many thanks for all your comments - I always tread warily when dealing with any cold caller. After checking their (tradesmenquoter) website I felt that if I was a potential customer I would not be using them so work referrals would be few.

However, it is always handy to have posts on here for these marketing people - its helpful to be able to search out previous posts and guage other peoples reactions to cold calls that we all receive from time to time.

Merry xmas guys. Guinness :Y

I guess Tradesmenquoter.co.uk are quite good in getting google rankings they got my friend on top of google for Electrician Partington.

I think they work by getting your comp-any at the top of google. I have done some searching for keywords on Google for companies and they do show up.

I might give it a try when I get some money because I think Google is good for generating business these days.

If there is not much competition in your area (Internet wise) You will have a high ranking in any search engine.

It all boils down to - does your webdesigner know what they are doing. Things like keywords, link backs, Site maps etc - they all help for a good ranking.

Have you listed your business in OUR Directory of Electricians? It is completely FREE.

Take your time and word it correctly.

List as many areas as you can, Things like, "Electricians in..." and "Electrical Contractors in..." I see that your status is NIC AP - so something along the lines of "NICEIC Approved Contractor" would benefit you too.

What have you got to lose? It is 100% FREE !

PS. Who recommended the forum to you? Post here or send me a Pivate Message (PM), if you prefer.

Best Wishes,

Admin.

, always a scouse accent.

That could because the BT sales call centre is based in Liverpool city centre, amazed anyone was even there to call you considering they all won 40 million on the euro-lottery last month,jammy ba****ds.

In the 80s a company I worked for refused to open any new accounts in the Liverpool as they accounted for 80% of our bad debts.
80% of debts in one city? not calling you a liar but what was the company?