Trainee/volunteer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IamMe

Reaction score
I going to start a city and guild course in electrical installation in September and I'm looking to gain experience before the course starts and while I'm studying at college. I'm willing to volunteer and work hard. I live in west London but I'm willing to travel across inner London.

Im sorry to say this, but youre in a very long queue.

Only advise I can give you is this, do some research about whether that C&G course is actually going to get you any work of it. Do not listen only to the people who are selling the course, because they are shall we say a bit economical with the truth.

There are currently thousands of people who have paid for a course, done it, and now cant get any work. There is no shortage of electricians, despite what the advertisements may say

Best of luck

Thanks for the reply, i know about these short term courses which say that they can make you into a qualified electrician in 6 months are phony. There course which i applied for at my local college is City & Guilds 2365 Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation (is this the right one?). I just wanted to gain some experience in this field and work for free.

Latest posts