Transfer from ELECSA to NICEIC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicks electrix

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am currently part p registered with ELECSA. The council wants me to do work for them and they will only have NICEIC. So i am thinking of going with NICEIC its is free to transfer over no re-assessment or joining fee. Although i have to admit when i spoke to the lady at NICEIC today she was not as nice and helpful as ELECSA.

Has anyone does this before? Know any advantages and disadvantages?

Thanks

ELECSA have phoned three times on my behalf to put people right , ask for Jean at ELECSA she will sort it . I had this with Solihull Council ( next to Brum) They made out they had never heard of ELECSA in thier Bldg/Elect Dept.

Also had it with insurance companies. Stuff NIC unless its for commercial work for council ( Schools etc) if its just Part P carp then they have to recognise you.

Deke

if you are not currently assessed to do PIRs with ELECSA you wont be able to do PIRs with NIC unless you have a assessment. So if you request this straight away you will effectively loose membership you have already paid for. But if they are giving you that much work its all worth it.

They are starting to give a lot of work but i feel really comfortable with elecsa especially with Steve on the technical line. :^O

you will soon earn back the bit of membership you have 'lost'.

I dont have a bad word to say about ELECSA (apart from loosing my direct debit details repeatedly), the helpline was always easy to get through to and not a 0845 number. They were even nice about sending documentation through so i could defer to another scheme!

where about in essex you working out of interest?

Worth bearing in mind that if they want NICEIC, they will most likely want you to be a full approved NICEIC contractor, and not the domestic installer variety.

Working in Maldon and surrounding areas but they all revolve around Maldon. who are you registered with now?
Im still ELECSA but i have had my form filled in for NAPIT for a few months just not got round to writing the cheque and sending it, too many other bills came in, could justify spending the money when it wasn't a must, as long as i transfer before my time with ELECSA is up i dont have to pay the initial fees, just membership.

Latest posts