TT system help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j-sparks

Reaction score
Good evening all.

I’m looking for some help with TT system for a caravan site.

I have an earth rod at the main supply (mains room). This is a 100mA RCD. From this there is a 10mm swa out to the caravan. The caravan has a 30mA RCD on it.

My question is should the caravan have its on earth rod so the potential of the caravan and the ground it on is the same or is it okay to keep it on the exported earth from the mains room earth rod. I currently have 24ohms earth fault loop on the exported earth.

Any help would be much appreciated. I don’t work with TT systems very often it would be good to hear from someone with more knowledge.

Good evening all.

I’m looking for some help with TT system for a caravan site.

I have an earth rod at the main supply (mains room). This is a 100mA RCD. From this there is a 10mm swa out to the caravan. The caravan has a 30mA RCD on it.

My question is should the caravan have its on earth rod so the potential of the caravan and the ground it on is the same or is it okay to keep it on the exported earth from the mains room earth rod. I currently have 24ohms earth fault loop on the exported earth.

Any help would be much appreciated. I don’t work with TT systems very often it would be good to hear from someone with more knowledge.
Firstly,
It's TT , so it's not exported,
But yes, you should have it spiked at the caravan supply end, IMHO.
You don't need to split or separate the earthing in any way, just add an additional rod at the caravan, and do the necessary tests before connecting it.
24ohms is a very good reading BTW,