Two Way Radio

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to but a couple of two way radios. I'm working in a big old factory and need to communicate with my mate.

Phone signal is no good and Wi-Fi is non existent.

Can anyone recommend a good set of Walkie Talkies.

Thanks

I got a cheapish set about 15 years ago,

still working fine,

deffo get rechargeable ones, mine arent, and its a PITA,  :|

as Andy says, most have a similar range, so its really whatever you want to spend for bells and whistles,

Make sure they are PMR446 compliant, otherwise you may end up TXing or RXing over emergency service radio channels.

We had to track down & remove a handheld radio from a Canadian rowing team at Henley last summer, we were expecting to find a Maxon or Motorola unit but it turned out to be a cheap as chips things they picked up from ebay while here. 

Make sure they are PMR446 compliant, otherwise you may end up TXing or RXing over emergency service radio channels.

We had to track down & remove a handheld radio from a Canadian rowing team at Henley last summer, we were expecting to find a Maxon or Motorola unit but it turned out to be a cheap as chips things they picked up from ebay while here. 
i know american the version of PMR uses the same frequency as the fire service here uses, maybe canadian is the same

Yes they came over on a major incident clear as day, put the incident control into a real panic.

They didn't appreciate my  "American user you are on a dedicated emergency channel, cease transmission immediately" apparently Canadians don't like being called American  :pmsl1:

Latest posts