Typical Cost Of Additional Socket On It's Own Trip Switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCorm

Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right area to be asking but just looking for a rough figure for some work.

What would be the typical cost of installing, on it's own trip (I have one space left)....a double 13A socket, which will be located in the outside cupboard alongside the fuse board?

It wouldn't surprise me if the board itself needs replacing as part of this but just trying to budget a rough amount for getting a professional in to do it.

Jamie

Right sorry it's taken me a while to reply, I completely forgot I posted this.

The socket is for charging a PHEV and for lawnmower.  I am getting a Merc c350e which doesn't take long to charge as it doesn't have loads and loads of batteries, 2-3 hours off a standard socket.

As wiring can be an issue when charging cars due to a reasonable load for a sustained period it seemed more sensible to have a new socket instead where I know the wiring from the board will be all new and it would be handy for the lawnmower too. It's a small cupboard (one you can stand in though) and the socket could go right below the board so should be a simple job.

Lot's of Hackney talk here!....My Dad is registered disabled but lives in Sussex.....and the saving is not enough to have to have him move in ha ha ;)

How much would the cost bump up to with a modest fuse board replacement do you think?

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator: