Uh oh:O

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was called out to one of my commercial customers today,,, no power in some sockets "a fuse has blown" they said... Well I get there to see the cover of the old MEM BS88 3ph board open and while discussing their problem I had to slap their hands several times as they were poking their fingers into the board:O

Anyway while talking to them they also said "do you think it coud be this?" and pointed to a tripped RCD in a single phase board...

After resetting the RCD I went around with my socket tester to see if it actually was what had caused the problem,,, it was!! But I also found this

6141448267_27364f394f.jpg

Something that I have not said is that this is a council owned property which is let out to a local community project so in theory no DIY should have been carried out.

BTW I removed the socket, joined the cables and fitted a blank plate

Whats going on there? conduit installation with the conduit as the earth and socket been brought forward into a surface box without a cpc. Or has someone been wiring sockets ans snipping cpcs off?