UK Debt Collection

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends where you live and what sort of relationship you have with your customers and they have with you.

Like Patch I'm in a rural place, everyone knows everyone else, tonight i just paid two bills for people, in the morning i will drop the invoice off, i expect to be paid the day after. However if your in the smoke i woudnt expect this, its a judgement call every time, do you trust the person.

rubbish SL. you charge the most for the job you can get. you don't in the back of your mind think oh i'll bump it up a quid incase they pay by cheque.

the price is the price. you trim your other overheads by doing deals with your bank manager and avoiding the higher rate of banking charges by not using cheques is the winner :x just like you find the lowest wholesale prices you can.

its all good SL.

not that your saying so in your example but i hope some don't think if i can get my client to go for the most expensive light fitting that i'm marking up by 20% i'll be quids in. because that is not how to do it either ;)