Under the heading " Never Assume" Please feel free to add your "Never Assumes"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never heard of a "Sand Dancer"" before    .  Does it mean a South Shieldsite ?

Whos that other lot up there ....they sound like Geordies but they're  not ....is  it Sunderland ?   Gateshead ? Middlesborough ?    Who are Macons ..Mackies ....  Mecons....something like that ?  

Ah  I know it well Stepps ...    Thank you ... it had many incarnations  ...I know the Animal's version , of course ...but more familiar with the older, folky version , most words the same  but originally to be sung by a girl  , I believe ,  could be wrong .  

The Rising Sun is a brothel  " down in New Orleons"   . It's sung by a girl who is dying from the clapp or TB, 

Go tell my baby sister , don't do what I have done ,

Shun that house in New Orleons

That house of the Rising Sun.

Its one foot on the platform , one foot on the train.

I'm going back to New Orleons to wear my ball & chain

My life is almost over  my race is almost run

I'm going back to New Orleons 

To the House of the Rising Sun .

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Forum owners thought that too , they've been off the air  for weeks now , hoping we 've all gone away when they return.

Actually I heard its called forum annual summer holiday. Rumor has it they are all sunning themselves on a beach in Barbados, or was it Butlins at Skegness? I think it was dependent upon the forum profits.

Doc H.

Actually I heard its called forum annual summer holiday. Rumor has it they are all sunning themselves on a beach in Barbados, or was it Butlins at Skegness? I think it was dependent upon the forum profits.

Doc H.
In that case,

I'd hazard a guess its two cans of cheap cider in Barry Island, :|

You can sometimes tell (thought usually not) by the tone of voice,  that "yes" is not giving you permission, it's a dare.
I had one recently, I was asked if I'd like to go abroad with a mate, I'd no intention of going as I don't have a passport, but casually mentioned it to the wife.

"oh I see, and would you like your divorce before you go, or shall I save it 'til you get back?" was the reply.

Somehow I don't think she was happy with the idea.

One from when we were younger, "never assume that the stunner you pulled in the nightclub last night will be the one you wake up with this morning", I've never taken a moose to bed in my life, but my god I've woken up with a few. lol