Uprating incoming supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electricdan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've just joined this forum - Can anyone please tell me whether Edf are obliged to uprate the supply from 100A to 200A if an installation needs it? Or will my client have to pay them to uprate it?

It was all built over 10 years ago (Office buildings and workshops etc) but obviously over the years things have been added.

Thank you in advance.

At the beginning it was just a house that was built, then they added an office block and industrial units for their business and it has grown ever since. Obviously it really needs a separate supply for the office/industrial units.

take it your client has got you to try and work out if theres a way round them not paying for it then!

EDF are not obliged to install a bigger supply if you require a bigger demand. I couldnt build a factory in my garden then tell the DNO their obliged to build a sub-station to power it because my SP house supply isnt big enough.

50,000 does seem very expensive. Suppose they must need to run new cabling etc etc

Hello everyone,I've just joined this forum - Can anyone please tell me whether Edf are obliged to uprate the supply from 100A to 200A if an installation needs it? Or will my client have to pay them to uprate it?

It was all built over 10 years ago (Office buildings and workshops etc) but obviously over the years things have been added.

Thank you in advance.
and when they want you do some other work in future that was not required now, will you go back FOC to do it?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:08 ----------

They have already had a quote and it was

I think in the old days before you could buy your electric off who you like they may have done it free or at a lot lower rate. Problem is now these companies are fighting between themselves to make a profit granted they are certainly doing this.

Its already got a 3 phase supply.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:36 ----------

All it comes down to is what batty said.