USA to UK issue

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuttChris

Reaction score
Hi there, hoping someone can help me with this. Before Christmas I bought an inflatable decoration for our garden from the USA. I plugged it in using just a USA to UK converter (because I didn't know any better) and (surprise surprise) after a few days of use the adapter burnt out (I think) and it stopped working. I have since bought a step-down converter but I need to replace the USA adapter that came with the inflatable. It is a DC 12v 1.5A adapter. I can buy a spare from the same sit I bought the inflatable from but...before I do...I thought I would try and get some advice on whether this is the best solution. Forgive my ignorance about these things. And ideas greatly appreciated.

Hi there, hoping someone can help me with this. Before Christmas I bought an inflatable decoration for our garden from the USA. I plugged it in using just a USA to UK converter (because I didn't know any better) and (surprise surprise) after a few days of use the adapter burnt out (I think) and it stopped working. I have since bought a step-down converter but I need to replace the USA adapter that came with the inflatable. It is a DC 12v 1.5A adapter. I can buy a spare from the same sit I bought the inflatable from but...before I do...I thought I would try and get some advice on whether this is the best solution. Forgive my ignorance about these things. And ideas greatly appreciated.
Just get a UK adapter [email protected]. Ebay there will be loads, pick with the right plug on the end or chop the wires etc from the old one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/31194602...8fLNZ38K4XJvEp7s0YzM3X/APfam|tkp:BFBMmP642rBh