Uses For Old Cds/dvds

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to pluck up the enthusiasm to cull the huge stack of old, redundant CDs & DVDs. Everything from damaged audio ones, magazine cover ones, unplayable ones I've burnt, the Maplin catalogue from 2003 and numerous old software like "Works 2000" & "Encarta 1999" etc. My son's mate did at one time have one wall of his bedroom covered in the things - shiny side out like a big, weird mirror. Not so sure the missus would go for that! So......they're shiny, seems a pity to add to the landfill problem. Here's one idea that could have been done better:

Hangings a bit strong isn't it, just 'cos they like shiny things! Maybe a quite word about the CDs possibly obstructing their view.................

Someone told me that putting CDs on the dashboard towards the windscreen, or hanging from the mirror confused speed cameras.....mind you, they could not work out why they did not work when it was a rear view camera!
you do know that frontal flash cameras are not allowed, so i dont see how thatd work,,,,,,

you do know that frontal flash cameras are not allowed, so i dont see how thatd work,,,,,,
Sorry, but i believe you will find that is just a myth.

truvelo-speed-camera.jpg

This is a forward facing camera, so it can take a pic of the driver, more info Here

If you get done with one of them go to court, claim you were temporarily blinded and crashed.

Not much use for motorbikes either, are they.?

Tbh, I did think they weren't allowed after that biker crashed when it flashed.... :C

Ah, ok, just read that,

They don't use a conventional flash on them anymore,

My apologises.