Vehicle woes...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First off my CV joints have been giving me hell on the van so I was going to book it in this week to be repaired - both drive shafts need to be replaced as one CV joint is FUBAR and the other is on it's way:( :( :( and Renault in it's wisdom don't do splitting shafts like most other manufacturers

and then the thrust bearing on our car collapsed 2 days ago so we've got to get that sorted as well (complete clutch being replaced tomorrow) :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Blinking garage is taking a fortune off me this week:(

Oh and TAX is up on both vehicles:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Bad timing or what!

I dont keep mine long enough for them to break. I trade em in when the ashtrays are full....... (not that I or any of the family smoke).... I have had 4 cars in the last 12 months!
Obviously, most of your customers are in the "Tried to fix it.." bracket. :D

First off my CV joints have been giving me hell on the van so I was going to book it in this week to be repaired - both drive shafts need to be replaced as one CV joint is FUBAR and the other is on it's way:( :( :( and Renault in it's wisdom don't do splitting shafts like most other manufacturersOooh, that's bad - most manufacturers do repair kits for CV joints. Have you tried to find out if there's pattern repair kits or recon shafts available from anywhere?

and then the thrust bearing on our car collapsed 2 days ago so we've got to get that sorted as well (complete clutch being replaced tomorrow) :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Most likely cause of this failure is someone driving the car with foot resting on the clutch pedal - a very expensive habit.

Blinking garage is taking a fortune off me this week:(

Oh and TAX is up on both vehicles:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Bad timing or what!
My bold above

Wht can't we change the colour of the new text to make it stand out anymore?

Thanks for the advert `pache - though it happened that someone showed an interest in my van 2 hours before I saw the one I`m buying - and he`s giving me a bit more than the trade-in would`ve been ;)

So its sold already :) :) :)

Rev: If you only keep `em till the ashtrays are full, but don`t smoke, what exactly do you fill `em with? Mrs. KME is confubbled by your post - she reckons you don`t change cars at all, as you never fill t`ashtrays!

I think the Rev is branching out into mobile cremations;)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:18 ----------

PC..

TBH most parts of this nature are old reconitioned units and I know from talking to various mechanics that there is no repair kit for this van.. blinking French piece of &%