Wall mounted pull switch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MalcyB

Reaction score
Hi all

Does anyone know if there is such a thing and where I might be able to get hold of one?

thanks

Malc

Nope, and unless designed for the job, I wouldn't use a ceiling mounted one, the cord would fray and snap at the top after a time of being used.AndyGuinness
I have seen them wall mounted though, i have never seen a cord worn out but i suppose it all depends on how harsh its used. What breaks pull switches is those silly kn.ob/handle/pull fancy things that are too heavy for the switch mechanism

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping for something purpose made to buy off the shelf, looks like there isn't anything available.

Thanks all the same.

I have seen one on a wall before. The first 2-3 inches was a plastic loop so not to frey. I didn't look at the make though but they do exist.

Hi I realise this is an old thread but I was looking for exactly the same thing as the OP. I found one eventually here:

www.bargains4yourhome.co.uk/p/8473350/child-light-switch.html

"Child Light Switch For children who can't reach their bedroom light switch"

This was the only option I could find on the Web! The string plus the pull 'bear' is about 30cm. The bear is quite big but light as a feather as made out of soft plastic and completely hollow.

If anyone finds any other examples please post back too!

Daz.

Sorry, I should add that I bought 2 and they work fine - Time will tell how robust they are!

It is now possible to find them in Legrand catalogue, just search for: Legrand VALENA LIFE 752223.

A few other possible numbers: 75212, 077014, 077044. Couldn't find them elsewhere.

I know it's necro, but this page is very high up in the Google results and it took me a while to find one.

It is now possible to find them in Legrand catalogue, just search for: Legrand VALENA LIFE 752223.

A few other possible numbers: 75212, 077014, 077044. Couldn't find them elsewhere.

I know it's necro, but this page is very high up in the Google results and it took me a while to find one.

after 9 years, id expect he's probably already found a solution

Last edited by a moderator:
I wrote it for googlers' benefit rather than the original poster. I would have loved this thread to contain the answer I used many hours to find, so I shared.

Latest posts