Wanting me to sign off the work

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash

Reaction score
I'm in a property being converted into two flats. The loft conversion had already been done, but it hadn't been signed off. We were in to do the rest

The owner wanted the builders I work with to sign off the building work and me sign off the electrical work

This is what I found

Looks odd?

Closer Look:

This was to feed the second board for the loft

Then this was all the feeds from the CU to the loft circuits

I don't bother buying lots of different sized cable, I just buy 25mm tails and cut the strands to suit the demand :^O
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png
:coat

I don't bother buying lots of different sized cable, I just buy 25mm tails and cut the strands to suit the demand :^O
its a little more expensive and loop in on fancy light fittings is a pain in the ar*e but you cables are rarely undersized:D

You can get some discount with a good wholesaler if buying it in 600meter lengths and you don't get to many low Zs values, or volt drop issues I believe.

Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:11 ----------

They've agreed to let us redo it all.
Will you be taking the old cables out to put in your bin for the next visit to the metal recycling ?.

Doc H.

That's what a call a proper haircut lol :)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:21 ----------

Doesnt look like they had ever heard of a wall chaser lol ... Or a chisel. That chase is a hammer only job ffs

Will you be taking the old cables out to put in your bin for the next visit to the metal recycling ?.

Doc H.
I have a nice rubble sack full of free money

Latest posts