Watch Dog

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One good thing, we can remove suppliers seals, so long as we inform the supplier afterwards.....Matt said so.

Another thing.... if it's illegal to change a cu without the correct scam affiliation and qualifications then why can you buy the damn things in any shed? And how are you supposed to take a zs reading (not that he did) from an fcu without opening it up live?

Another thing.... if it's illegal to change a cu without the correct scam affiliation and qualifications then why can you buy the damn things in any shed? And how are you supposed to take a zs reading (not that he did) from an fcu without opening it up live?

I noticed the 'live bit' but as he was going to change it for a double socket, then there really was no reason to drop the FCU 'live' . Quite often do a bit of live work when fault finding, but tend to stay away from it if it's an old fuseboard. Didn't undstand what the 'expert' was on about when he desribed something as having a permanent live? Got the impression he was just on about a dodgy socket switch, which wouldn't necessarily be picked up on a test routine?

I've now watched this on Iplayer:

Not a good day for the cowboy!

Who was the "expert" - he didn't clarify much

How much did he charge?

Where was his tester? The "expert" didn't mention this

I could go on...

Latest posts