We have rouge traders but what about rouge customers?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badfish

Reaction score
OK so we have allW heard stories about rouge traders but what about rouge customers, I'm sure we all have a story or two where a customer will try it on by not paying or getting some money knocked of the bill,like "well the washing machine at the other end of the house worked before you came " when you know damn well nothing you have done has affected it and was broken before.

Just interested to hear your stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never heard of rouge traders

Is it because they have done a bad job that their cheeks are red :)

Once agreed a price for a man from Pakistan to plaster 5 surfaces and small outhouse, took a full Saturday and we agreed cash on completion, worked from 8 till 5.30 and when finished he was happy with the work and asked for invoice to be typed with a written guarantee. Told him we had agreed cash on completion as had already reduced price, he was adamant he wanted a printed invoice and guarantee, saw he had a desktop computer, asked him if I could use it for a few minutes which he agreed and in 5 minutes had him his invoice and 10 year guarantee on designed headed paper. Got paid but he was reluctant. He didn't realise I typed over 70 words per minute and had worked in accounts for over 15 years.

Installed pv system in customers house, all went well didn't even need to kill power as there was spare breaker in board( lucky). System was up and running in house with no problems, happy customer, so I thought. Got home( 57 miles later) and I get phone call from office to say mr! Had problem with his power.Phoned customer and asked what the problem was. He said the power just went out, I asked him the last thing he plugged in , the hot tub he says . Told him to go unplug hot tub and reset rcd, , All worked fine so I explained there may be a fault with hot tub. He wasn't having it !!and I had to drive back . Found fault on downstairs ring( which hot tub was connected to. Spent nearly hour tracing ground to earth fault which was gas fire place with melted flex !!! With that fixed plugged everything back in and reset rcd ( still tripped out!!! Arrhhh.. Unplugged hot tub and reset rcd no probs.. Explained hot tub was at fault. He wasn't having it and I at last resort i up rated his rcd . Still didn't work. I left explaining that his hot tub was at fault and asked him to bring out independent spark/ hot tub engineer to diagnose fault, and If I was to blame in any way I would cover costs.. Never heard from them again. And to boot I was tank of fuel down rcd and a few hours labour.. Nightmare !! ps it was an inflatable hot tub. Still to this day think he was just trying to get some money off his system!!

Latest posts