Well I am intrigued???? but I shall have to wait till Thursday!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the hall switch it looks like they have used the earth wires as conductors which is a British Gas trick for the third core to room stats.
I had this on a job a few months back. Called out to a house with Wylex nb board with RCD as main switch. Was tripping out so customer had no power. Seemed to trip out when Hoover was plugged in but tested circuits and found live to earth fault on lighting. So took a few switches off and looked at a few pendants. A lot were in twin with no cpc. Two way was wired in twin and earth. Cpc was used as strapper with green sleeving to cover core. I said cottage needs rewiring as I did not want to spend time sorting it out. Lady said she was happy to just use lamps. She had only just moved in. I cannot understand why people do not get surveys done before they buy these propertys. Spending probably

I agree Batty - All that money spent on a home, but not an ounce of sense to get things checked out first.

Have you sent her a payment reminder?

I think I know a good site to find a good electrician?????Blushing:p] :)
I am on first name terms with 2 electricains NOW (real tangable, not internetty ones) but then I had bother! :p

It is really rude not getting back to people.

I am on first name terms with 2 electricains NOW (real tangable, not internetty ones) but then I had bother! :p It is really rude not getting back to people.
don't think I will bother replying to that! ]:) :p :D:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^OGuiness Drink

I am on first name terms with 2 electricains NOW (real tangable, not internetty ones) but then I had bother! :p It is really rude not getting back to people.
When you say you are on first name terms do they have names like Specs, Steps, Batty,Apache or Sandra or just boring ones ?

Does this mean that non of us actually exists other than on the net, are we just virtual sparks ,am I dreaming or part of someone elses dream, if I look in a mirror will there be anyone there ?

Am I losing it ? :(

When you say you are on first name terms do they have names like Specs, Steps, Batty,Apache or Sandra or just boring ones ? Does this mean that non of us actually exists other than on the net, are we just virtual sparks ,am I dreaming or part of someone elses dream, if I look in a mirror will there be anyone there ?

Am I losing it ? :(
YES! :^O

To diversify slightly (ish),

Last weekend I was on callout duty. Got a call to go to a very distressed lady who was told her electrics were dangerous. Didn't help that she had some mental health issues :( :( So two of us drag 60 miles up the motorway and miss the X factor final to attend the call.

Turns out the currys cooker installation tecchnician (read daft van driver with a screwdriver) had pronounced the electrics dangerous as there was no RCD protecting the cooker. As there was no socket on the cooker circuit there didn't need to be, and in any case it was all rather moot because the cooker circuit was on the RCD side anyway.

Now it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact the delivery was late saturday afternoon and up three flights of stairs with no lift, and lug the old one down again would it??

I know she'd got herself worked into a state, but the amusing thing was that I honestly think she believed the currys dope more than me because he'd written down what was wrong with it, rather than perform tests and state it was safe.

Punters eh?? :)