Well That's Me Finished

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For Christmas.

It's always busy this time of year. I thought I was going to be working to the end.

But not so. All the big jobs are done, just a few small ones to so, and none of them are available tomorrow.

So that's me finished early for a change.

Just in time for the weather to turn really foul, so glad not to be travelling tomorrow.

We did 1/2 day at the trashed mansion on millionair's row  just to get us finished on top floor .   Plasterer can fill all the holes we've bashed in . 

Previous owners , before leaving the house to start  prison terms for VAT fraud , pulled radiators off, cut pipes and left water running.   Nice. 

So , finished now .

Just passed the local ASDA ....Mon Dieu !!!!!   Its heaving !

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished today aswell. After having 2 days off ill with stress, they have subbed out all the shitty bathrooms I had on. Jooooooooooooooooy meant half a day of work nd another half cleaning the can

Tom , that doesn't good ,  getting stressed  , which generally means having too much work piled onto you with not enough time to get it done.

I'm seeing people sitting on their backsides issuing orders that all this stuff has to be finished ...yesterday 

I am finished & we are off on a  3 hour drive  early tomorrow to Cromer to spend Christmas with some old friends.

I shouldn't have been surprised, but i was  that i had 5 calls between 5.30 & 6.30 tonight from 5   customers. 1st a neighbour of an old customer,  can i come round tomorrow and repair our cooker  2nd, Can you come round and change another few 12v Lighting trannys etc guests coming Christmas , 3rd can i replace a toilet fan that hasn't worked for ages,  Family staying Christmas  4th  Can i fit an outside socket for an extra tree husband has just bought  & 5th Been  meaning to phone you for ages, can you fit our  new dining room chandelier for Christmas.

Well my answers were, in no particular order No, no, no, no, no followed by tough sh*t let it stink, let it be dark, cold turkey, buy an extension lead. BAH HUMBUG  
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

I did have one call today from an old sounding lady "all my electric has gone off" but the mobile reception was carp where I was, out in the back of beyond and we got cut off (I was surprised when the phone rang, I didn't expect a signal at all)

If she had called back later, I could have gone this afternoon, but I guess she found someone else.

Still flat out finished this evening at 7 pm. Wiring heating system tomorrow as presently its on a plug so customer has no control. Will be working between xmas and new year. I need a holiday.

I finished this evening at about 6 and told my customer I probably wouldn't be back until the 6th Jan,,,, she pleaded with me to go back in between Christmas and New year so I said I might be able to do the Friday d Saturday.... Gets me out of the house :)

Still flat out finished this evening at 7 pm. Wiring heating system tomorrow as presently its on a plug so customer has no control. Will be working between xmas and new year. I need a holiday.
I'd say the customer er has pretty much all the control, on put plug in, off take plug out, can't get more control than that!

Tom , that doesn't good ,  getting stressed  , which generally means having too much work piled onto you with not enough time to get it done.

I'm seeing people sitting on their backsides issuing orders that all this stuff has to be finished ...yesterday
Well they said I had a kitchen to second fix, bathroom to first and second fix before Xmas and an extension to second fix and install downlights in the kitchen and measure up and price 2 jobs both being large commercial jobs.......in 3 days.........on my own (apprentice is labouring to the ground workers as they needed him more wtf!)

Went to docs hoping to get signed off for a few days with work related stress doc asked me questions and said yup......you've got depression and signed me off for 7days.....but I'm not the one to sit at home doing **** all. So the jobs they expected me to do got subbed out WIN!!!!!

Plus I got the office girls coming upto me saying awwwwww tom how u feeling? Ermmmmmmm. Yeah fine I guess......I'm not depressed docs are talking ****!

Well they said I had a kitchen to second fix, bathroom to first and second fix before Xmas and an extension to second fix and install downlights in the kitchen and measure up and price 2 jobs both being large commercial jobs.......in 3 days.........on my own (apprentice is labouring to the ground workers as they needed him more wtf!)

Went to docs hoping to get signed off for a few days with work related stress doc asked me questions and said yup......you've got depression and signed me off for 7days.....but I'm not the one to sit at home doing **** all. So the jobs they expected me to do got subbed out WIN!!!!!

Plus I got the office girls coming upto me saying awwwwww tom how u feeling? Ermmmmmmm. Yeah fine I guess......I'm not depressed docs are talking ****!
Someone in your office needs a lesson in reality Tom .

I'm all done with the electrical work, I do have invoicing and quotes to do over Christmas but my work is done and the phone is off.

I do however have to work tomorrow night 16:00 - 01:00 providing cover while most of the firefighters are on strike.

Been a bit stressed out myself recently, think it must be this time of year as per normal.

However, now that everything is sorted feeling much better!

One thing i need to do in the new year is get another mobile phone and just use that for personal use instead of one phone for both work and personal life.

Been a bit stressed out myself recently, think it must be this time of year as per normal.

However, now that everything is sorted feeling much better!

One thing i need to do in the new year is get another mobile phone and just use that for personal use instead of one phone for both work and personal life.
Usually takes me a week into a weeks holiday to "come down" :lol: Last knockings Friday I managed to sort a long term issue at work so in a good frame of mind for going back in the New Year.

How about getting a dual SIM phone, not necessarily one of these but you'll get the drift. Careful as some cheapos have only one 3G slot. As I undersatnd it that might not be an issue if you use a 2G SIM for basic calls/texts. You can get a dual SIM of eBay for about £50 or less depending on screen size etc or whether you buy from China and so on:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GFIVE-5-0-Android-Mobile-Phone-Unlocked-3G-4-2-Smartphone-Dual-Core-Sim-5-4-1-/331074944593?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item4d159abe51

Well due to health reasons i finished on the 30 th nov. Went back to work ( too early) on the 16 th, did 2 full days and 2 half days......freaking stupid really. Not going back until New year now UNLESS it is an emergency AND it is one of my top five clients, even then it will be serious coin for me to go.

I have the cloves and bay leaves infusing the milk for the bread sauce.

My profiteroles are cooked and on the rack drying out

These are my 2 contributions to Xmas lunch as elder daughter has volunteered to "do Christmas" as i think i may fall at the first fence

Cream to whip tomorrow, bread sauce to finish, merlot to drink, wife to upset.

Jobs a goodun

Just being the forums closet cook

Well I have just finished didn't expect to work today

Callout from a tenant,,, woke up to find water dripping out of a light fitting,,,,,,,,,,get there in the loft I can see daylight   get lights back on they will be crapping in the dark tho

get a call from a landlady via a third party that rcd is tripping and that the handy has said it needs a new rcd

WTF  how did he work that out with a neon screwdriver !!!!!      ring cct neutral fault couldn't find it but fridge freezer on and they are away thank god !!!