What Are The Chances?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Home for the terminally bewildered, one step ahead
I store some of my slower moving materials,,seldom used tools and plant etc in my mates barn.

The resident security guard in the barn is a beautiful Barn Owl.....it lives in a nesting box supplied and fitted by the Owl trust. Granddaughter has been asking for ages to go and see the Owl,and get some feathers for 'show and 'tell ' at school.

Today was the day....beautiful dry sunny afternoon( seriously!)

So We set off to the barn, me , daughter, her boyfriend, their two daughters. Boyfriends sister and her son.....all kids under 5 1/2.

Everyone is warned to be very quiet as making a noise will spook the Owl....it is quite often sat in the ridge .

Barn is full,of straw so we have to climb 6 metres on top of straw bales. Some of these are rolls so when they are stacked on end there are quite big gaps inbetween them...big enough for a 3 year old to fall down.

So,we trek over the tops of the bales, approach the Owls House. Each child wanted lifting up to see if the Owl was at home. I lifted 3 year old up , about 2 metres, she said box was empty. Second child and third child said Owl,is at home!

First child wants another look...her dad lifted her up and she screamed "I can see it IT IS AT HOME!" This sudden shrill screach from my granddaughter made the Owl decide to come out and see what was happening.The Owl,must have had a poorly cooked Xmas lunch which had given it an upset tummy! It then proceded to empty its bowels ALL !over me?! FFS how can you get SO much faeces out of such a small creature? Feicking unbelievable!...i looked like someone from a German Adult informational and educational film. i was covered....all over my brand new Henri Lloyd jacket, beanie hat, side of my face, down inside my collar everywhere!....what are the chance of it being home after all the noise the kids made opening the door, shouting at each other to be quiet!!

Anyway we were then treated to an aerobatic display from this Owl for about ten minutes as it circled us and swooped in

So they have gone home armed with feathers and Owl pellets so they can dissolve them in water and see what it had for dinner

Me?......spent last 20 mins washing off Owl-****

What are the chances?

I just phoned the bookies .........they refused to take the bet of someone being covered in owl shytte before the end of this year .   Odds are 50,000,000 to one apparently .   Thing is , you won't forget the day an owl shat upon you ...................................................................................................................................................................... and neither will we   :pmsl1:

He,s had his problems.... to say the least , Marvo ...his latest is RR Obssession which he can't or won't shake off .

Not sure that you get that particular obssession where you are, mate.   

He,s had his problems.... to say the least , Marvo ...his latest is RR Obssession which he can't or won't shake off .

Not sure that you get that particular obssession where you are, mate.   
I'd be unlikely to get an RR obsession because she doesn't grace our TV screens and also I've had an EC obsession for a couple of years now.....she's just a yum especially parading around in her full Certsure outfit....yum yum!!

only here can you go from owl s***e to RR..... :^O  

all flying animals 'lighten their load' on take off, a lesson you won't forget in a hurry :slap

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts