What is this connector type

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aharman

Reaction score
I am looking to add another LED under counter strip and the drivers are connected to these boxes that the LEDs plug into. 

as you can see I have spare ports at add more LEDs but what is the connector type!? 

photo here

Those connectors usually come pre fitted to cable, so you may need to contact manufacturer to obtain a secondary cable. Different manufacturers often use a different type connector. 

I am looking to add another LED under counter strip and the drivers are connected to these boxes that the LEDs plug into. 

as you can see I have spare ports at add more LEDs but what is the connector type!? 

photo here

you can cut those off and replace with connector block or junction box.

As Binky said, those connectors are just fitted to make it easy for unskilled persons to add additional lamps to the driver without faffing around with cutting, stripping and connecting individual wires...

And the connectors can be cut off and any suitable connector can be used to replace the plug & socket arrangement..

BUT..

you do need to check that any additional LED lamps you add, are still within the Voltage and Power ratings of the driver that has to supply them all..

I would have thought that if you were adding the same brand, make, model of LED.. 

they would come with to correct connector already fitted?

Unless of course, how so often happens..  one product line becomes obsolete and incompatible with the newer up-to-date models!!!

Guinness