Which Metrel?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SparkieMark

Reaction score
Hi Guys n Gals

I'm looking to buy my first tester and I've come up with two which fit the bill in the price range I'm looking at. The first is a Metrel instaltest 61557, the other is a Metrel easitest MI2087 AL2.

Which one would be best for domestic work? I'm sure they'd both do the job just fine, but is one easier to use or have any benefits over the other? As I understand it the easitest is newer and has triplock and auto rcd testing (as I believe do some of the newer versions of the 61557) the easitest seems to also be a bit cheaper second hand than the 61557, is this because it does not have as many functions as the older 61557?

Any comments from users of these testers would be most welcome, I'd also be interested to hear from any of you with one of these for sale.

Cheers!

Ive got the 61557

works a treat but all i do is domestic

trip lock is a must for domestic these days

Hi I use the Metrel MI3002 I was not keen on it at first but I would not part with it now, they have came down in price since I got it but do shop around, and don't be shy at playing on company off against the other, get the best deal you can as regards leads check box etc and there is always Ebay, the certificate software is not woth the hassle I bought it and gave up on it, back to a pen and note book,

Pict