Which phone??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iv got a blackberry at the mo. Its good for recieving emails and using the net. Other than that i dont like track ball gets dust in it from work and its nakerd. Dont know what the track pad blackberry version is like though.Anyone got an Iphone and whats it like for work? i cant see it lasting 2 minutes

the i phone is the most rugged phone i have ever had, out lasted any phone condition wise and still looks good, battery has lasted nearly two years and hold charge very well you will never get a nokia doing that. And i dont treat the phone brilliant and it has no sase just my work trouser pocket which occasionally it shares with screw and such like by accident!

My old Nokia was 3+ years old....

battery all still fine but some of the buttons were getting a bit temperamental..

I had been on a rolling 12month contract...

so as my contract was coming to the end of another 12month decided to change...

Mrs Special said all I could have was one of these...

But I actually got a Blackberry Curve had it on an 18 month, (or was it 24 month) contract cuz it was cheaper.

seem OK at the moment..

does all I need it for..

keep some useful cross reference documents and spreadsheets with electrical bits of info easily at hand...

As well as the usual internet etc..

:C

The iPhone is fantastic and never fails to impress in all it can do - except for battery life which is well documented. I have to charge mine daily if I use the internet as it chews battery up. If I just use it for calls / texts then I get a couple of days from it.

Right then my lovelys :)

Thankyou for all your help and advice :x

Now then time for the confusing bit? :| ?:| ? :| well it is for me :)

Just bought a Blackberry 8110 pearl off a mate (payg orange), had it cheaper because it didnt have a manual with it.

Ive looked online for info on using it and i am headbangheadbang

I got the texting, camera and video camera sorted, but as for internet browsing i click on browser and it comes up 'your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries' and i need to 'enable the browser on my device'

I have looked through all the help options on the phone and just cant for the life of me find the right bit.

Can anyone help me please before ibad day explode.....bearing in mind, ive never owned a blackberry before.

blackberrypearl8110black.jpg

:x :x

I got the texting, camera and video camera sorted, but as for internet browsing i click on browser and it comes up 'your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries' and i need to 'enable the browser on my device'

Can anyone help me please before ibad day explode.....bearing in mind, ive never owned a blackberry before.
What network are you on and are you on a contract or PAG?

You will have to get in touch with your provider to switch the internet, push email and messaging on.

They may charge you for it or have a minimum top up amount to keep it active - I know a lass who is on O2 and think she pays

What network are you on and are you on a contract or PAG?You will have to get in touch with your provider to switch the internet, push email and messaging on.

They may charge you for it or have a minimum top up amount to keep it active - I know a lass who is on O2 and think she pays

browsing won't be much cop on that tiny screen and small keys

Gawd - I must be sad.....

I`ve got a 4 yr old sony-ericsson "clamshell" - its the only one with big enough keys for my fingers........

Stuff the hi-tec. It makes / recieves `phone calls. Job done!

Right then my lovelys :)
eh up boys:x:x

Admin2 called us her lovelys!!!! :x :x:x:p

She must be in a good mood.......

p'rhaps we can get her to authorise a few more crates of KME's best beer for the forum bar!? ; \

could be a party tonight chaps! :D :Applaud:) O)

GuinnessGuinnessGuinness

I don`t! -

Anyway.....who`s this "phil" guy that you & trailer boy are on about??

I thought we were on about `phones.

hang on....which of you has called your mobile "Phil"; `cos you think it "looks `ard"??

KME

Saddo -

Neither am I - 2nd bottle of:Y going down well (and another 2 bottles in t`fridge ;)

Besides - you might be stooping (told you you needed help to carry that thing), but I ain`t Wet Fish] :)

Latest posts