which voltage testers do you use

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
used to use steinels but thinking of upgrading to fluke t5.

one reason i like the stienels is you can hear the continuity buzzer from a very far distance (100m+ or even between floors)

how does the t5 fair?

I've got loads of testers but if I want to accurately test the actual voltage, AlphaTek MI3000 or AlphaTek TEK something downloading multimeter.

can't see point of having seperate voltage tester. Get a clamp meter, mine has volts, amps and ohms does most things you need.

Batty

and you can use the clamp to hang it up while you test stuff.....

I just think the voltage indicator is a small handy thing to have in your tool belt to verify supply. I have a fluke multimeter, clamp and all the various testers (separate megger, ELI and RCD)

can't see point of having seperate voltage tester. Get a clamp meter, mine has volts, amps and ohms does most things you need.Batty
hence the t5 route batty.

compact too lots of functions in 1

fluke T5-1000 and martindale voltage inidcator, ive got into alot better safe isolation procedures recently since i got the martindale and a lockout kit, while in the process of purchasing these i recieved the worst shock i have ever got and it has made me change the way i work for the better.

fluke T5-1000 and martindale voltage inidcator, ive got into alot better safe isolation procedures recently since i got the martindale and a lockout kit, while in the process of purchasing these i recieved the worst shock i have ever got and it has made me change the way i work for the better.
what happened?

i got a shock off a metal shaver socket, i had enough fault current through me to trip the rcd. i travelled quite some distance before i realized what had happened, only just managed to stay on my feet, glad no one was in the way. Ive had loads of shocks but this really hurt couldnt stop shaking for a while. Scary when in a house on your own.

I do alot less Zs by measurement now, its calculated.

When we work with other sparks on commercial jobs we are the only ones locking off and using the tester correctly.

I mentioned what happened in the wholesalers and someone said they had a shock off the same shaver socket, strange stuff!