Who Is Busy....or Not In 2009

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Brennan

Reaction score
well 2009 is not looking to good for me, hows everyone else doing, is it picking up or still going downhill?????

ATM Quiet as a graveyard for me. :(

Something has got to change soon, or it's the dreaded DWP for me I fear. :(

january work has always been slow to materialise for me

i have enough basic bread and butter work in the pipeline for this month already but i've noticed a huge drop in enquirys for new work over the last few months

I have nothing, phone not ringing, other than one quote for some welding sockets and machine supplies. Sent quote in today and have fingers crossed. Had to go on the weekly ASDA shop today !!

Deke

Im waiting on a big cheque to drop through the door,,,,will see me thru to mid Feb

a few days here and there is all i got at the mo

ATM Quiet as a graveyard for me. :( Something has got to change soon, or it's the dreaded DWP for me I fear. :(
same for me if things dont pick up :eek:

got a few run of the mill small jobs through Jan ....pat :_|for local council office, fault find & repair lighting in same office (it's not just an unknown switch this time :^O ) , + end of this week 1st fix on an extension, then end on the month for a bronze sculpturers new workshop (SSE supply & meter going in tomorrow) I've got to install as requested in customers spec;

... new cu, all circuits in singles in pvc conduit, 6 quartz heaters, alarm, 38 metal clad sso's (why?), 12 florries 8 spots, grid switch for lighting & heaters, 5 external floods + night guard pirs (gotta connect to house front door lights), BT point & run in sky cable, bonding to water supply, UF heating in office area

Have 2 jobs (kitchen & another extension) booked for the first 2 weeks of Feb.

Waiting on a reply to quote for replacement of all lighting in a huge village hall (22 florries).

Got to quote on a property this weekend where the owner wants a meter'd submain putting in to the garage + the double garage conversion + extension wiring out, so they can rent it out as a small property. (think they'll be looking at a new supply myself, what with them wanting a shower/oven + hob/dimplex heating in this conversion, but heyho we shall see.)

Then if I get bored & feel like working for nought, theres my oldmans place that he rents out that is needing the cu moving (& updating to 17th) so he can put in a bay window ......... family aye:p

So I cant complain.......just yet.

Hope it picks up for the rest of you.

got a few run of the mill small jobs through Jan ....pat :_|for local council office, fault find & repair lighting in same office (it's not just an unknown switch this time :^O ) , + end of this week 1st fix on an extension, then end on the month for a bronze sculpturers new workshop (SSE supply & meter going in tomorrow) I've got to install as requested in customers spec;... new cu, all circuits in singles in pvc conduit, 6 quartz heaters, alarm, 38 metal clad sso's (why?), 12 florries 8 spots, grid switch for lighting & heaters, 5 external floods + night guard pirs (gotta connect to house front door lights), BT point & run in sky cable, bonding to water supply, UF heating in office area

Have 2 jobs (kitchen & another extension) booked for the first 2 weeks of Feb.

Waiting on a reply to quote for replacement of all lighting in a huge village hall (22 florries).

Got to quote on a property this weekend where the owner wants a meter'd submain putting in to the garage + the double garage conversion + extension wiring out, so they can rent it out as a small property. (think they'll be looking at a new supply myself, what with them wanting a shower/oven + hob/dimplex heating in this conversion, but heyho we shall see.)

Then if I get bored & feel like working for nought, theres my oldmans place that he rents out that is needing the cu moving (& updating to 17th) so he can put in a bay window ......... family aye:p

So I cant complain.......just yet.

Hope it picks up for the rest of you.
:( :( :( :( :(

Got a job middle of the month and that's it...saying that I have only started up and trying to get my name out there. Hopefully not just for my drinking!!!

I have a great start to the year, only just quit my job to become full-time self-employed and I am doing a kitchen contract just now with a large nationwide company, done 28 and have 57 left, will see me thru to end of Feb. All going well i will get the next 180 odd kitchens aswell (lets hope). They pay me weekly which at this time is great.

Also have a large rewire on, 4 bed house. Two refurbs (kitchen and bathroom), and two showers to wire and plumb.

I am getting 1 or 2 calls a day about small run of the mill jobs, like moving heaters, sockets etc. and all this is with word of mouth.

I hope everyone gets thru this difficult time,

ive not earnt a carrot yet? no phone calls nothing in the pipe line:( :( fingers crossed or its the chop:(

I was more than a bit worried about January, it being my first full time self employed, needn't have worried, I have about 6 weeks work to do this month. I almost feel guilty writing this having read above! Hope you guys phone's start ringing soon.

well 2009 is not looking to good for me, hows everyone else doing, is it picking up or still going downhill?????
Ride the storm for 18 months (If you can).

Then the good times, will come back.

Don & His Boys

Ride the storm for 18 months (If you can).Then the good times, will come back.

Don & His Boys
Thats the plan, if possible, still nothing come in though.