Wireless Intruder Alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ9898

Reaction score
Hi,

Got an alarm installation job to do. The property is a bungalow that has been converted to a dorma bungalow which is looking very difficult to run cables in. I was wondering if anyone on here had installed a wireless alarm and if so which model? Ideally could do with a pet friendly alarm as well if possible.

Ordinarily id install a Veritas system or Honeywell galaxy if the system needed to be grade 2 or above.

Any recommendations welcome.

G2 and RF portal or failing that Domonial. Detection devices are the same, just the G2 and RF portal is more configurable and easier to program.

I have fitted a few Yale ones from screwfix, easy to install and simple to use, customers have been getting them and as far as I know no complaints.

I have fitted a few Yale ones from screwfix,
This is a thread about wireless alarms, not novelty oversize paperweights.

I realise this a sparky forum and most on here don;t do alarms to any professional standard, but anyone who does do alarms properly would not go anywhere near a Yale alarm. I understand you might think they're great, but they're not really anything I would ever fit, ever.

This is a thread about wireless alarms, not novelty oversize paperweights.I realise this a sparky forum and most on here don;t do alarms to any professional standard, but anyone who does do alarms properly would not go anywhere near a Yale alarm. I understand you might think they're great, but they're not really anything I would ever fit, ever.
Yet another constructive reply from you, did you mean that you dont rate Yale alarms and would not reccomend them?

As I said the customers bought them and they do what it says on the box. I have earnt some money they have a job at the price they like and the scrot will hopefull go next door.

I only supply and install Texecom alarms

Yet another constructive reply from you, did you mean that you dont rate Yale alarms and would not reccomend them?
You clearly didn;t read my reply the way it was intended. No-one who fits intruder alarms to a professional level would even consider fitting one. Like I say, this isn;t an alarm engineers forum so I don;t expect most people here to know that, or agree, but it's a fact.

This is a thread about wireless alarms, not novelty oversize paperweights.I realise this a sparky forum and most on here don;t do alarms to any professional standard, but anyone who does do alarms properly would not go anywhere near a Yale alarm. I understand you might think they're great, but they're not really anything I would ever fit, ever.
I think you will find most of us fit alarms from time to time - there not exactly hard :^O .

I like the veritas powermax system, but customers are particularly price sensitive at the moment, so if Yale does the job...

What exactly don't you like about Yale ?:| I'm interested to know and obviously realise you get what you pay for.

You clearly didn;t read my reply the way it was intended. No-one who fits intruder alarms to a professional level would even consider fitting one. Like I say, this isn;t an alarm engineers forum so I don;t expect most people here to know that, or agree, but it's a fact.
Whatever!

I only do wired alarms if they want wireless thay can do it themselves although I don't actually do to many alarms rather stick to sparking alarm cables are to small for my liking.

:^O

Latest posts