Wiring A Siemens Receiver To Keston C36 Bolier

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macabout

Reaction score
I've just bought a flat with a Keston C36 boiler and Siemens RCR10/433 receiver.

Unfortunately it looks like the wire of the receiver has been pulled out of the boiler.  I'm struggling to find any manuals that clearly explain how to rewire up the receiver.

The connections on the boiler are:

L

N

E

SL

Open therm 1

Open Therm 2

Ext Sen 1

Ext Sen 2

On the Receiver the connections are:

N

L

L1

LX

L2

On the boiler the N,L,E are wired up to the power and then L is also bridged to SL.

On the receiver LX & L are bridged and then there is a wire connected to each of N, L and L1 - the problem being the other end of the wire is currently connected to nothing....

Would be very grateful for some help.

Thanks

Sean

I would first ask why the unit has been disconnected? One would assume it was faulty and was removed.

if the receiver isn't faulty then LX should be liked to L in the receiver, L1 connects to SL of the boiler.

thanks for your help guys.

You are possibly right  - maybe it was disconnected deliberately but I want to wire it up to see if it worked.

So L1 in the receiver to SL in the boiler.

What does N in the receiver get connected to?

Should SL and L in the boiler be bridged as well as they are at the moment?  How does the receiver get power?

thanks for your help guys.

You are possibly right  - maybe it was disconnected deliberately but I want to wire it up to see if it worked.

So L1 in the receiver to SL in the boiler.

What does N in the receiver get connected to?

Should SL and L in the boiler be bridged as well as they are at the moment?  How does the receiver get power?

Think you need to get a sparky in....didn't realise you aren't a sparks....would be foolish to give you a step by step guide.