Wiring Diagram Help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwiNCFC

Reaction score
Hello! I have my 206 exam tomorrow, done all the conduit etc so its just the wiring to do.

Just want to make sure i get everything right, as this is my 2nd attempt due to a mess up on conduit bends.

Conduit2way.jpg

This is the wiring diagram above that a member on here kindly did for me.

Just a few questions:

1) In the ceiling rose's, is it Neutral to Neutral and switched live to switched live? How come the loop bar isnt used?

2) Silly question but just want to make sure : I will obviously be wiring in pvc singles so, will i have to label the switched live with brown sleeving even though its brown already?

Thanks for your help guys!

you dont use the loop in/out terminal for the simple reason there isnt a permanent live to be looped....

if singles are already brown, no need to sleeve them

I haven't done this exam yet but:

1)The loop doesn't need to be used because the permanent live for the lights is taken to the switches.

2)If it's brown it's brown so i doubt sleeving is needed.

I see now, thanks guys! Real good help.

I always thought the loop method was for putting more lights on the circuit not for power.

Cheers!

thanks admin, thats a weird way of doing it, I will stick to the one at the top though as its already embedded in my head now :)

Good luck Kiwi, one thing I will add is to make sure when you pull you cables is to make sure you can identify the browns to make your job easier knowing which one goes from L1 to L1 and L2 to L2

Hello! I have my 206 exam tomorrow, done all the conduit etc so its just the wiring to do.Just want to make sure i get everything right, as this is my 2nd attempt due to a mess up on conduit bends.

Conduit2way.jpg

This is the wiring diagram above that a member on here kindly did for me.

Just a few questions:

1) In the ceiling rose's, is it Neutral to Neutral and switched live to switched live? How come the loop bar isnt used?

2) Silly question but just want to make sure : I will obviously be wiring in pvc singles so, will i have to label the switched live with brown sleeving even though its brown already?

Thanks for your help guys!
with single core cables in conduit i used batten lamp holders instead of ceiling rose .and no need to sleeve because cable is brown.on pvc/pvc you sleeve the neutral wire

Latest posts