Worcester 24I/28I Junior Flashing 4 Times A Second

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check ST15 with pump off

Reading 171.5 Ohms

Checked for supply across on board to ST15 across blue and brown supply there

Hi Guys

I carried out the checks on the pump and posted the readings as requested

As I was waiting a reply I carried out the suggested check on the pump with the screwdriver

The pump spindle spun freely

I then took a leap of faith with the pump cap removed I started the CH the spindle was spinning freely I place the point of my Phillips screwdriver on the end of the spindle and the was a resistance as the pump work working.

Sadly the system locked out again Flashing 4 times a second

What now please

I am clueless

Seeing as its getting towards Christmas and your boiler hasn't been working for quite a while I'd be phoning Worscester Bosch for a repair callout.
I'd be phoning the local plumbing and heating bloke/firm rather than WB.

Hi Guys

I carried out the checks on the pump and posted the readings as requested

As I was waiting a reply I carried out the suggested check on the pump with the screwdriver

The pump spindle spun freely

I then took a leap of faith with the pump cap removed I started the CH the spindle was spinning freely I place the point of my Phillips screwdriver on the end of the spindle and the was a resistance as the pump work working.

Sadly the system locked out again Flashing 4 times a second

What now please

I am clueless
With the centre cap removed from the pump, i would have thought it would be pi55ing water everywhere and even more so with the system running. Could it be something as daft as an air lock causing the boiler to quickly overheat? Just a thought.

Once a gain thank you for you advise

I went through Test "E" again this time, the burner would not ignite

I then found I had no continuity on the green cable to the air pressure switch on ST16

The Fault was

The control board I changed it and it has been working with no fault so far

Because the fan was running on DHW this was confusing as the fan goes in to high speed and over came the low speed relay which it couldn't do when on low speed for the CH.