Work c**k up's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Latest one for me was

Fortnight ago went & first fixed a small single storey 2 room & hallway extension, I left the lad there to pull in the hallway lighting (he's been with me for 4 months & has a fair understanding of whats needed), while i nipped to neweys.

Gets there on Tuesday to second fix, all going well untill

Wheres the f***ing feed for the hallway lights, he'd used the switch box as the loop (no problem with that) but he got carried away & forgot to put the sl/n & cpc return to the down lights :_|

All walls & celings plastered & painted what a nightmare:O

lessons learnt

Me - I should double check everything & not assume its right

Him - I take the p*** all day when he c***s up

When I was a apprentice, one of the Sparky's was Welsh.. :^O

We were rewiring a house (I'm 16 at the time), on more than one occasion I couldn't for the life of me understand him..

On this particular occasion, he asked me about 6 times (his face was growing enlarged and becoming angry like) to pull a wire through.......

(Why didn't he say that clearly the first time ; \)

:^O :^O

How old is the lad? ; \
when I say lad it's a nicer way of saying gofer, he's 33 so slightly older than your average sparks mate, but he is hard working thinks ahead to the next job, doesnt spend all day on the mobile texting some tart, makes a decent strong brew.

It's not permanent employment he's out with me on the larger jobs (cash in his pocket) as he's short of work at the moment.

when I say lad it's a nicer way of saying gofer, he's 33 so slightly older than your average sparks mate, but he is hard working thinks ahead to the next job, doesnt spend all day on the mobile texting some tart, makes a decent strong brew.It's not permanent employment he's out with me on the larger jobs as he's short of work at the moment.
Well I'm on my own so , no one else to blame, as for rewing (myself), it's always there in my head as a plan, so theoretically I shouldn't get it wrong..............

(But use my meter just to verify, all is well, from time to time)

]:)

when I say lad it's a nicer way of saying gofer, he's 33 so slightly older than your average sparks mate, but he is hard working thinks ahead to the next job, doesnt spend all day on the mobile texting some tart, makes a decent strong brew.It's not permanent employment he's out with me on the larger jobs as he's short of work at the moment.
;) Oooo I think you got that wrong M107 you said cash in pocket when you did ,of course , mean, a cheque into his bank so that he can pay his tax and NI ; \ ; \