workmanship

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrishornby

Reaction score
Hello Guys

Looking for some advice please...

I've got to install a sound limiter in a pub tomorrow which involves fitting a contactor to control 2 sockets on a ring. The easiest way is to blank off sockets and then use supply for the contactor.

I was going to put a fused spur before the contactor then to a new socket installed surface to replace blanked off one and then to another socket.

Shall I put in a fused spur before the 2nd socket or can I have 2 cables from the contactor to each of the sockets? (32amp contactor)

Also; how do I put in a link in the contactor to override it?

Are you wanting 2x double sockets from this contactor?

i would put the SFCU before the contactor, then output feeding 2x sockets

For the link to over-ride it, would would need to put a switched live to the contactor coil, bypassing the control circuit

Thanks Andy.

Going to put fsu before contactor for isolation. 2 x t&e from the output of contactor so no spur off spur?

Coming to testing, minor works cert?

Thanks Andy.Going to put fsu before contactor for isolation. 2 x t&e from the output of contactor so no spur off spur?

Coming to testing, minor works cert?
if its fed be fused spur, you can take feed from that as radial or whatever wiring way you want - its all protected by 13A fuse

MWC would be appropriate (no new circuits etc).

Make sure bonding is upto standard though