Wylex mcb's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
Had three faulty brand new ones on a loaded cu.

One will not latch in the on position, the other two latch on but have no continuity between terminals......................Wylex now becomming cheap tat?

Now requires a second visit to work address just to replace mcb's (used one of the working ones to complete testing). What a pain in the backside.

So much for QA checks.

Had three faulty brand new ones on a loaded cu.One will not latch in the on position, the other two latch on but have no continuity between terminals......................Wylex now becomming cheap tat?

Now requires a second visit to work address just to replace mcb's (used one of the working ones to complete testing). What a pain in the backside.

So much for QA checks.
I have said this about Wylex for a while now have had a lot of RCD's fail and Mcb's as well. Its not just Wylex Have had a few MK as well as other makes. Wylex seem to be the worst though. The problem they are all made in some far off land we have to do the quality control.

Batty

My wholesaler sells a cheapo range called Basics, reckons not to have many returns. I stick with Crabtree Domestic and Commercial ,they reckon they have more faulty RCDs in Crabtree. Not had a problem myself yet.

As in an earlier post, I used a Proteus as a stopgap, found the next day when I came to swop it, that it was still on when switched off, pullled the cables out with a great splatting and sparking.

Perhaps we should not put too much trust in these things anymore, Everyone change to HRC fuses ???

knowing my luck id end up with HRC fuses that were just filled with sand and no fuse element :(

I have said for a while now that most electrical fittings are not properly tested at the factory, they rely on the electricians who fit them to pick out the faulty.

They have the attitude that for the ones that get rejected its a small price to pay.

I have had faulty fused outlets, sockets, light pendants, mcb's and rcd's.

At least if you know what you are doing as an electrician you can find those faults, what worries me is the cowboys who never test and leave a faulty RCD fitted.

i use wylex all the time. never had any problems like that with any breakers.

only annoying thing is they have changed the TPN board and breakers, yet the breakers still have same part code so wylex send whats on the shelf to supplier, whether its a new type or old type! (still fits in, but looks different)

as for second trip to replace parts.... i have loads of spare breakers in the van, so if one is faulty, there is usually a spare