Xpelair Gxc6 & Wk 6/8 Wall Kit

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjd

Reaction score
Hello

I am to install a Xpelair GXC6 fan through a wall with the WK6/8 wall kit. The hole required is 203mm in diameter. Given that the width dimension is 210mm this only leaves 3.5mm either side.

If anyone has installed the above could you please tell me if this is correct ? I am getting the hole cored so quite important.

Thank you

Cameron

No it doesn't but that is what xpelair are saying when I phoned them today. Also said the same on their installation manual.

6" fan with a 8 inch wall liner.

I have fitted one of these in the past and IIRC the hole was a fair bit bigger than 6"... Your best bet would be to buy the fan and duct, measure the spigot & duct and then get an appropriately sized hole

Probably the way to go. Just waiting for the liner to be delivered. Thank you for your help.

Hi Sharpend

203mm (8 inch) diameter. Wall liner comes in 8 or 11 inch length - WK6/8 WK6/11 - xpelair part no.'s

Thats the one with the ladder strips ,  but surely it can't be an 8" hole in the wall .

I presume Xpelair are now made in China like everything else in the world .......they used to be made in B,ham at the old GEC factory . 

There are two Xpelair fans at the printers I look after .....have been running almost non stop  ( lights never off )  for the last 20 years to my knowledge,  venting two toilets in the centre of the works  , along 10 mtrs of soil pipe to outside 

some of Vent axia are made in China now they certainly are not as good as when they were made in Europe think it was Spain.