Xperia T Phone - No Sound?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjames

'funny' man™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Sony Xperia T. pretty good as a rule but today the sound stopped working, Cant hear when someone calls - but it does ring>

Can't play music on it. No output when connected to aux in on my car stereo either.....

Have checked phone softeware and done updates and tried diagnostics etc, all I get is the ear speaker doesnt work. I know that much. Anyone got any ideas?

I had something similar on my old x10i 

I can't remember exactly, but, it was a setting somewhere in the menu had disabled all media audio, but calls were ok on it,

Might be worth a check though. 

There is a loud speaker and an ear speaker, when I do the self test diagnostics its just the ear speaker that doesnt work. I can hear notifications and it rings for an incoming call but cant hear anyone on the other end. Cant play music either which is strange since that would be the loud speaker

Tried to play music through car stereo using the 3.5mm jack into the aux but nothing there either suggesting its not just a speaker

well thanks Nick.... on another note, there is an app that comes up saying headphones connected... maybe for some reason the phone thinks headphones are plugged in... perhaps I should take a photo of the phone clearly showing an empty 3.5mm jack and show it to the phone so it knows?

Latest posts