Yale Easy Fit Alarm Panel Battery Life

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philip Davey

Reaction score
Just fitted a YALE EF Touch screen alarm system.

Manual states batteries in Siren should last approx two years. (Despite most of the reports I have read) there is an option to have Comfort Leds flash.

Does anyone know how long the batteries life will now be if I have them flash every 10 seconds or so ?

If it has dry cell batteries, then I would not bother with "flashing comfort LED's" The batteries will only be able to deliver a certain amount of current over x time (2 years?) all the LED's will do is shorten the life span of the batteries since the batteries now have to operated LED's 24/7.

In my opinion all that "comfort LED's" do is comfort the person who's alarm it is. Since you can buy just flashing LED's for a bell box, or even a dummy bell box with flashing LED's

But then again, I would point out that a hard wired alarm hardly ever needs batteries changing outside.

Don't tell anyone but my van has no alarm. lots of big locks but no alarm, It went mad and my employer didn't want to pay for it to be fixed.

Anyway I have a flashing led attached to a 9v pp3 and a switch. My employer doesnt know that he's been paying for a 9v pp3 every 2 weeks for over a year now :innocent