Zoned heating (4 zones plus water)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been asked to provide controls for and wire a multi zone heating system. It has 4 zones plus water so 5 in total. They want independant control of each zone from 1 panel. Highest zone programmer I can find is 4, so no control of water. Is there such thing as 5 zone or is a matter of a seperate programmer / timeswitch for water. thanks.

Don't think they are available I did a 4 zone a while back heating guys supplied a Horstmann 3 and 2 zone so I ended up with a spare zone were are they having programmer put.

In the main entrance hall mate. I said he may have to have more than 1 but he didn't want to entertain that idea. I'm now thinking 1 in hall for heating zones and a single channel near boilers (2 linked together) for water.

Not spoke to him yet. But from what I've seen a 4 Chan is 100 - 150 quid. Single are about 40 so probably cheaper anyway.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Multi-zone are available, I`ve done 4, 5, 6 and 8 in the past. As snakey says, you can also custom something (if you want to get into the PLC stuff-end result could look much neater, but cost would prob. be significantly higher).

(search "watt-flex" for a PLC solution, which is incredible - control info can be transmitted through the mains wiring:) )

At this time, I can`t remember the link for the multi-zone units; but they ARE available. Sorry.

Been asked to provide controls for and wire a multi zone heating system. It has 4 zones plus water so 5 in total. They want independant control of each zone from 1 panel. Highest zone programmer I can find is 4, so no control of water. Is there such thing as 5 zone or is a matter of a seperate programmer / timeswitch for water. thanks.
Do the four heating zones require independent time control, bearing in mind each zone will have thermostatic control?