1 boiler, 2 floors. (thermostat wiring)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dane

Got a property ive been to they have 1 boiler (its a huge thing)#

It is already zoned with valves.

1 pump, then 1 valve for HW (cylinder)

1 valve for upstairs

1 valve for downstairs.

Would it be possible to wire this with wireless stats and recievers?

The stat would need to control the valve i think, so when the stat is turned to "on" it opens the valve, which in turn would need to signal the boiler to come on.

If im wrong tell me :)

Any one know if this is doable with the wireless stats and receivers?

Ive never done this kind of system before so wonder if any ones done one and got any advice.

Am i right in thinking the thermostat controls the valve, which in turn when valve opens that signals boiler to fire up?

on the connection block put all the orange wires together and the grey all together

all the blues together (neutrals) of the valves and the stat reciever switch wire to the brown of zone 2 valve

its easier to loop from one zone to other with 3C&E. perm live, neutral, sw live (to boiler) and earth. live feeds stat/programmer etc, goes to valve, open valve then switches sw. live to boiler. you can continue this to as many zones as you want.

if all valves are at one central location (i.e boiler), then you can do the wiring to here, and wireless stat/programmer in required locations

Easy peazy,,,

Just wire each valve as you would in a single zone property

If you are using wireless you will need 2 stats and 2 receivers, just remember to code them differently..

I did one for my brother with 3 zones... 2 heating and 1 HW.... used programmer stats for the heating (so that you can have them on at different times) and just a programmer (& tank stat) for the HW..

yeah or get a 3 channel clock think horstman do a good 1. feed the stats from the programmer, then calls to browns on valves.