10.8V?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a Bosch drill, and although it was something silly like £200 or £300 [cannot remember now,have had it a few years] it is brilliant. 10mm holes in steel, and i do not mean [18G steel either] no problem. I have put up armoured cables and had to drill hundreds of holes in hard brick [not the modern rubbish] for cable cleats, no problem. Holes in the flanges of beams to tap threads so as to be able to bolt cable cleats, accessories etc, no problem. Just generally drilling things [mainly steel] when i am pottering about making things, no problem.

When i first walked out of the shop i was thinking "you idiot, i cannot believe you just went and spent that on a drill, OMG what were you thinking"

Now, it counts as one of the best buys i have ever made......

john...

Bought the makita set 6 months ago and its nearly made the lxt 18v kit redundant. Impact drives 4" screws straight through timbers. Bulletproof and best buy for a while. Pukka for dry lining ceilings

Www.its.co.uk cheapest place for most stuff and delivery and service spot on

I got the dk18000 kit just before the new one came out, nearly half the price of just the combi drill in screweys!

They are good bits of kit but The only drawback is the weight! if I'm doing a cooker as the top of a block with no lift it's just too much to be carrying... hand tools, tester, stud detector, cable and a drill with bits :(

This way I'm only adding 1kg to my payload :)

So far so good! it's speeded up my work a pleasing amount and lightened the load, had to move an intercom this morning made removing quicker and easier, also drilled 5.5mm holes in concrete with no dramas :)

Two draw backs thus far are....

1) The Makita patented light on a drill which does not shine on the area you are drilling!  ROTFWL   headbang

2) Theres no battery indicator! :(

Otherwise so far so good ;)

jeez,

I have yet to run out of both batteries on my Milwaukee,

one usually does me a day if Im doing a LOT with it,

if Im just changing light fittings etc it will last most of the week,,,  :)

I've been using a metabo 4.5v screwdriver for nearly 10 years, it's been brilliant although I've just about killed the gearbox from overstressing it once too often.

jeez,

I have yet to run out of both batteries on my Milwaukee,

one usually does me a day if Im doing a LOT with it,

if Im just changing light fittings etc it will last most of the week,,, :)
What I meant was that when the battery gets really low there is a significant drop in the amount of torque so it's easy to tell (without a battery indicator) when's a good time to swap over ;)

Still well impressed!!!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
the output of li-ion is more constant until its dead, then it just dies, unlike nicad & nimh. they can also be charged at any time without affecting its capacity. much better. i doubt i would get anything that didnt have li-ion