makita drill ltc204w

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Bosch 10.8V equivalent set and I am impressed with it. As a demo at a toolshow I attended they were driving a 6" No12 screws into softwood with them. Nice and light and easy to use. Not sure I've used my 18V impact driver since.......

I got the Bosch set for

They are only 1.3ah , so they might not last that long so could be recharging often.
Ah but a lower voltage tool cf a 18V drill, the same battery would last nearly twice as long in the 10.8V tool!

i just think as an apprentice/student not doing much extensive work a smaller screw gun would work well

that screwfix deal is incredible, ive been thinking about getting it just so i have a spare!

I've heard very good things about the makita 10.8 li-ion kit.

May try the set myself.

Erm, nope. That's EX VAT. It's slightly more money!
You are right, but saying that I've contacted iss many a time and always managed to get a deal out of em ;)

I've got the Hitachi 10.8V set of drill driver and impact driver. They are superb bit's of kit and i now never use a 18V drill. I use the impact driver to drill holes in wood joists and it goes through like butter. The screwdriver drill is great as it's so light you can use it all day and it sits in the pouch of my snickers perfect.

I have a metabo 7.2v screwdriver, its almost as torquey as my 18v drill (albeit a lot slower), the moral being, it's not the voltage but the gearing that makes the biggest difference to ability, and small stuff works a lot better in tight places.