110V Festoon Lighting

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
I'm after a couple of festoons for a refurb job this winter.

Has anyone had any experience with any LED festoons? I'm swaying towards them due to saving on replacing the lamps that always seem to get damaged?

Just need to make sure the light output is good enough.

I'm after a couple of festoons for a refurb job this winter.

Has anyone had any experience with any LED festoons? I'm swaying towards them due to saving on replacing the lamps that always seem to get damaged?

Just need to make sure the light output is good enough.
Let me know how you get on

I have a similar project on the horizon when the 'time is right :innocent '

110 GLS are ok but the shop fitting monkeys seem to trash a lamp every 5 minutes.

Got some of the R7 Flu conversions for my 110V stand floodlights [WF were having a clear out and they were an opportunity NOT to be missed, 50p each I think].......don't bother. Like pi$$ holes in the snow. You needed to shine your torch at them to see if they were on!!
default_Hits%20the%20fan.gif

Let me know how you get on

I have a similar project on the horizon when the 'time is right :innocent '

110 GLS are ok but the shop fitting monkeys seem to trash a lamp every 5 minutes.

Got some of the R7 Flu conversions for my 110V stand floodlights [WF were having a clear out and they were an opportunity NOT to be missed, 50p each I think].......don't bother. Like pi$$ holes in the snow. You needed to shine your torch at them to see if they were on!!
default_Hits%20the%20fan.gif
:slap

I've just bought a 240v festoon led lighting kit for a job from screwfix

Easy to find without a link £66 but was on offer for £40 which is why I bought it

Pi** poor lighting to be fair

I've used festoon gls lamps before and they are so much brighter

The LEDs are not too bright ( like me) it will do the job but I'm not that impressed tbh

Also as the lamps are sealed units I'm now thinking what will happen when/if they fail?

If your looking for bright lights for lighting a whole downstairs/ upstairs situation these are not for you

I've been using them room by room which they are ok for, but just ok

Standard floor lamp would be just as good IMO

thanks betty, probably the same one as I've been looking at as there only seems to be one brand at the moment. Defender??

Yes defender I did the same and only found that make even on eBay

I have a standing light which is as good and takes ten seconds to set up

These need draping around and the light is about as bright as external Xmas Icycle style lighting

Scary thing is it is for a big bungalow!

Do I have a stalker!?!

Trust me to get a hairy assed one lunatic and not a blonde short skirted cute one

Ohh well..... Such is the price of being infamous

Drop my other half a message, he has worked on the festive lighting in a few various areas, inclusing Festoon Lighting, in both GLS, and LED im sure the festoon lighting they used (the LED Stuff) wasnt defender. He should be able to perhaps give u a few other various manufacturers!

Its actually for another job in town, offices being coverted into flats, but they're moaning down at that big bungalow so I might cheer them up and let them use it there first.

I think I might go and get the xmas lights and start putting them up for the fun of it!

Just go with RS lamps and tell 'em to supply their own when they smash them ( As you say , buildy type guys can't go more than 5 mins without smashing a lamp)

I have a low bay 400w metal halide with a flex, we stand it in a corner on new builds and extensions, contravenes every H&S rule you can think of :innocent :) blinds everyone that looks at it , but doesn't half light the place up . :rolleyes:

The builders will settle for a couple of lead lights with a dismal 60w compact lamp for the last 2 hours in the afternoons .

Latest posts