• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

110V Site Transformer for sale .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Onoff just out of curiosity why did you need 3 TU32's cos they are beasts, you would have sore arms lugging them 3 about plus wire.

Onoff just out of curiosity why did you need 3 TU32's cos they are beasts, you would have sore arms lugging them 3 about plus wire.

To support and adjust a 15 tonne counterweight on a crane while I changed the main wire ropes holding it. 

Did I mention I have a  110V   X 750VA   Transformer  for sale  at a knockdown price ?  

Buy now before Brexit kicks in and prices rocket  due to reverting to non - decimal currency  /  pounds & ounces  / feet 'n inches /  poles ,perchs, rods  & quires . 

Did I mention I have a  110V   X 750VA   Transformer  for sale  at a knockdown price ?  

Buy now before Brexit kicks in and prices rocket  due to reverting to non - decimal currency  /  pounds & ounces  / feet 'n inches /  poles ,perchs, rods  & quires . 
I thought there were already too many poles, that's why you voted for Brexit

Try working in Troy weights.

24 grains = 1 pennyweight

20 pennyweight = 1 Troy ounce

12 Troy ounce = 1 Troy pound

Simple transformers are reversible, but there are losses in the core; the power which causes it to get warm. Consequently when used reverse to design the output is going to be slightly lower than the originally rated input.

Simple transformers are reversible, but there are losses in the core; the power which causes it to get warm. Consequently when used reverse to design the output is going to be slightly lower than the originally rated input.

its a 3.3kva. rarely used for anything more than a grinder / drill. its been sat in the workshop and never taken to site for a while now either

You should have also mentioned the magnetising inrush current would be unproportionately higher than when used as designed.