• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Talk Electrician Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

110V Site Transformer for sale .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure why anyone would be wanting to carry a huge iron brick around with them? 

The only time I have used a 110v transformer on site was to charge MEWPs everything else is lithium ion these days. 
You do realise that the Genie MEWPs are dual voltage.

I changed the plug on ours and it takes 230v

I've done that too.
A lot of stuff is, we had a dehumidifier recently (ex hire) it runs on 110v, but there's a switch behind a screwed on plate, if you alter this it will run on 240v. I think the Genies are the same, find the switch, flick it over, swap the plug and off you go.

i wouldt have said i had one if i didnt and it couldnt be done...
 how is this done? i got rid of a load as having ten spare was over kill, if i had a unit that went from 110 to 240 it would make sense

A lot of stuff is, we had a dehumidifier recently (ex hire) it runs on 110v, but there's a switch behind a screwed on plate, if you alter this it will run on 240v. I think the Genies are the same, find the switch, flick it over, swap the plug and off you go.

Genies do it automatically. They'll charge anywhere from 100 - 240V and 50/60Hz. They call it automatic smart charge or something. No switch to flick just change the plug.

(Weird wiring inside Genies from memory as an aside though it's 25 years since I played with them. White line wires and switched neutrals or something).

You do realise that the Genie MEWPs are dual voltage.

I changed the plug on ours and it takes 230v

Dunno mate we were using sky jacks mostly,  the only genie we had was a diesel cherry picker. ;)

Genies do it automatically. They'll charge anywhere from 100 - 240V and 50/60Hz. They call it automatic smart charge or something. No switch to flick just change the plug.

(Weird wiring inside Genies from memory as an aside though it's 25 years since I played with them. White line wires and switched neutrals or something).

Them be 'merican. ;)

Psst Deke it’s the semi colon with only the close bracket after it forget the open bracket. 

Just seen even your other post so I give up :C  

Last edited by a moderator: