2391 :(

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madeinengland

Reaction score
well having been to college for the last 5 years (a degree at uni is only 3) i am finally about to take my 2391 exam. just thought i'd put this thread out there to see if anyone has any tips or better still answers of the questions:slap

As has been mentioned in other threads it's worth reading the Chief Examiner's reports which usually mention the use of wrong terminology (16th ed terms etc.), read the questions properly, know your statutory from your non-statutory regs/acts & brush up on your testing procedures.

The low (50%-ish) pass rate is more down to poor & unprepared candidates than difficulty of questions.

Good luck!

bro after 5 years you are the chosen one........in a class of 30 odd it has been whittled down to one .....you ...why cause you are the one
default_good%20luck.gif
.....oh and im skint or i woulda done it too...ROTFW seriouly tho mate after 4 years with you i know you know more than the tw*ts that have tried to teach us:good luck:
default_good%20luck.gif

bro after 5 years you are the chosen one........in a class of 30 odd it has been whittled down to one .....you ...why cause you are the one
default_good%20luck.gif
.....oh and im skint or i woulda done it too...ROTFW seriouly tho mate after 4 years with you i know you know more than the tw*ts that have tried to teach us:good luck:
default_good%20luck.gif
Is it just me or did this make no sense :)

if you spent 4 years at west herts college with us mate nothing makes sense:slap

For this exam they like to ask simple questions kind of in reverse, so you have to know your formulas well to work backwards from seemingly random bits of information. You have to be well prepared to pass and know your way around the BRB extremely well. They will also ask questions on areas of the regs hardly anyone normally deals with, like IT systems - if its in the book, in can turn up in the test.

For this exam they like to ask simple questions kind of in reverse, so you have to know your formulas well to work backwards from seemingly random bits of information.
can you give us an example of this type of question that you got :)

You should be able to find plenty of sample papers on the internet. It's been quite a while since I did the exam, but something like Zs is 0.65 ohms R1 is 0.25 ohms, calculate R2 and Ze given 2.5/1.5mm cable. So calculate R2 as 1.67 times R1, calculate R1+R2 from that to then give you Ze as 0.65 - (R1+R2). It's straight forward enough but just not the way we normally approach things.

if you spent 4 years at west herts college with us mate nothing makes sense:slap
Who were your tutors out of interest. I'm at WHC atm.

cant really name them on here mate,but in all fairness the tutors were not all bad:run