2392+2391

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r.b

Reaction score
Hey guys got my 2392 coming up next week am going to see how I get on with that then possibly take the 2391.I think I have gone about it the best way going up through the ranks.I know the 2391 is another level I really could do with 2391 past papers and answers anyone any ideas for the theory?.What circuits are on the 2391 anyway?I will be doing the 2 tests at the same place so I imagine that always helps?tb ryan

I was told when I did the 2392 that it was a sort of half way house or steping stone onto the way of the 2391.

Having done it, and read about the 2391, I personally think Ive been sold a bit of a pup. More about getting money in than providing a good qualification. But Ive paid my money and done it now so not a lot I can do about it.

Cynical, moi? probably

the 2392 is OK as a refresher or if your just learning to test. I did it last year and wish I'd of done the 2391. haven't seen any jobs requiring the 2392. Its a bit like looking for a drivers job with only a provisional licence.

2392 is level 2 qualification in Initial Verification aimed at domestic installers and those with no experience in Inspecting & Testing, really if you've got 2330 level 3 you've done it all before. 2391 concentrates on Periodic Inspections & assumes a certain level of experience - which is why the pass rate is so poor.

I have got my electrician grade am2 etc I mean that is level 3 I was just thinking may be I could start doing house rewires and testing them with gaining 2392 which is a level 2.Or is it a complete waste of time doing the 2392 as I have the practical in the morning?Save me 100 pound if I don't have to do it?

Might as well go for it if you're booked in anyway, then look to do 2391 in the near future.

My 2391 is booked in august going to see how I do on exam in the morning though.What circuits are on 2391?As far as for theory I could do with mock papers, am I best reading gn3 aswell?tb Ryan

Ryan, as above, you need to know GN3 very well and be already confident on testing, inc 3P. Be able to do all calcs regarding resistivity of cables, impedences and be confident of expected measurements, be unfazed by faults and be able to fault find well . I will let you know how it all goes, I have the practical next Thurs and the theory on 9th June. I expect to pass both. It is not easy but most should be able to pass with a bit of effort as although it is a level 3 exam, all trained electricians will have already learned this stuff. The 2391 course is a revision course - you are expected to be competent already.

After all that I had better pass!!!

One of our guys did 2392 - said it was all about 1P, no 3P at all

Last edited by a moderator:
Well went for 2392 this morning and got it at least I can say that, 2391 a might never get it lol!