2Kw And 3Kw Electric Heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r.b

Reaction score
I am just in need of info on this I know you can install a 2.5 on a 16 amp breaker or rcbo to these to a sw fused spur It would have to be on a 13 amp fuse in the spur and a 2.5 flex coming out of it wouldnt it?.3000 divide 230 =13amp and 2000 divide 230 = 8amp?Is this right?

why 2.5 flex well nothing wrong with 1.5 flex still protected by a 13 amp fuse in the spur

Orite then kerching end of the day its protected by a 13 amp fuse both flexes can take the load in the real world you would use 1.5 flex probly cheaper!

should be fine putting 2 or 3kw heater on a ring circuit I think because rings take more amps if I put a 13amp fuse in sw spur surely it will be ok what are your thoughts?

should be fine putting 2 or 3kw heater on a ring circuit I think because rings take more amps if I put a 13amp fuse in sw spur surely it will be ok what are your thoughts?
I think you need to quit electrical work before you kill some innocent person through your incompetence

and 7671 recommeneds loads over 2kw be on their own circuit...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mmm to be honest they do sell, and I have bought one of them 3kw heaters and guess what it has a plug on it, so it can be plugged in to a socket, may be a raidal or ring. So if it don't have a plug, do as the regs say ;)

if you are going down this line, would use 2.5 flex due to heater being on for long periods of time - helps stops cable overheating. I do get amused by kettle flexes these days, look like 0.5mm with 3kW element, but then they are only ON for a few minutes.

if you are going down this line, would use 2.5 flex due to heater being on for long periods of time - helps stops cable overheating. I do get amused by kettle flexes these days, look like 0.5mm with 3kW element, but then they are only ON for a few minutes.

1.5mm cable over a short distance like this can carry 16A indefinitely

1.5mm flex can carry almost 40A over 20m if you see some of the garage installs I go to find faults on. :eek:

[ DISCLAIMER! that is sarcasm]

Last edited by a moderator: