2nd nic assesment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Donty forget Tom, if your assesor made any remarks / recommendations on last years form he will expect them to have been carried out in readiness for this years assesment.

I my case the year before last it was to purchase the BS 5266 & BS 5389 Regs. :(

Donty forget Tom, if your assesor made any remarks / recommendations on last years form he will expect them to have been carried out in readiness for this years assesment.I my case the year before last it was to purchase the BS 5266 & BS 5389 Regs. :(

seems that way or just another scam of theres, ima rguing the fact why do it, when its changing again next year and surely to 18th as theres so many ammendments to make.

Surely if you are declaring your work to be in line with BS 7671 2008, then you should have the qualification to back up your claim.
Can;t see that being a workable solution. How many sparks would have had to pack up as they couldn;t technically back up their claim. TBH, I'd rather have Andy or one of the many other outdated electricians wire my house than most of the 17th edition qualified ones.

Can;t see that being a workable solution. How many sparks would have had to pack up as they couldn;t technically back up their claim. TBH, I'd rather have Andy or one of the many other outdated electricians wire my house than most of the 17th edition qualified ones.
They dont have to pack up Lurch, they just need to take the test like the rest of us .

a1spark.

I did my 17th more a less as soon as it came in can't see how anybody has not done it yet although as a sole trader the work I do I like to be up to date with current regs. Maybe in another ten years I may think differntly though maybe will be something different altogether.

They dont have to pack up Lurch, they just need to take the test like the rest of us .
There was no requirement to rush out and take the 17th edition exam the morning it came out, and it still isn;t necessarily mandatory.

Just seems like a pointless statement to make, almost like you were trying to start an argument. Surely you're aware there are many electricians who haven't sat the 17th, and many who haven;t sat the 16th or even the 15th.

There was no requirement to rush out and take the 17th edition exam the morning it came out, and it still isn;t necessarily mandatory.Just seems like a pointless statement to make, almost like you were trying to start an argument. Surely you're aware there are many electricians who haven't sat the 17th, and many who haven;t sat the 16th or even the 15th.
I never start arguments Lurch mate ,although I have been known to kick off some quite usufull debates.....one of the prime purposes of the foum in fact.

a1spark