302 practical

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madeinengland

Reaction score
I have got my practical exam coming up i have a question about the test board i am going to be using.

The main testing of rings, lights, radials etc I am ok with, but there is going to be another circuit coming off (probably supposed to be a gagrage) of the main CCU with SWA to a 2 way cons unit with a one way light and single mains socket.

how do I go about testing this garage side.

Test As normal. Remember that what would be your Ze on that board, now becomes your ZDB. (on the Sub).

Also remember that the Phase is connected to the Center of an ES fitting.

Same Tests apply.

Good Luck too. :)

Test As normal. Remember that what would be your Ze on that board, now becomes your ZDB. (on the Sub).Also remember that the Phase is connected to the Center of an ES fitting.Amazing how many people are caught out on this.

Same Tests apply.

Good Luck too. :)
My red to highlight.

The first set of tests are all standard, when you get to the garage cu you may be expected to r1+r2 the supply cable, its been a long time since I have done any school work so this may have changed over the years.

All the tests are then repeated for the garage cu, dont get confused treat it as a small cu.

Nerves are the biggest threat to practical exams, if you feel you are getting flustered just pause and relax then start again.

Good luck