A bit of my handy work. TP&N board.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last firm I worked for that did 3 phase work was about 7 years ago so I'm still taken aback when I see new colours on a 3 phase board! Habit still tells me I should be looking at red, blue and yellow! Excellent work though, very tidy. :Applaud

Very nice Tim thank you, you may have spotted I have moved this to the pictures section.

Doc H.

nicely done, i do miss working on new nice big 3 phase boards, so much neater and easier than domestic boards.

Have to agree with other posters and say that looks very neat,however as we know,the visual appearance is only half the story in our game,so if after testing all is clear then its top marks to you....quality work it has to be said.

do they pay extra for that?

awesome tim. cut the ties off after its settled for a few days

:Applaud :Applaud:Applaud:Applaud

Looks Great, Tim. Well Done - You should be proud.

Nice work indeed, in answer to Blue Duck the tags are cable markers which come in numbers 0 to 9, and like you say very usefull to id all cables.

I would cut the ties like losit said in his post, the cables should stay where they are when they have settled.

The reason I cut the ties at the end of the job is so that individual cables can be removed without much distruption to the rest of the board.

It does help though when you have acres of room at each side :)

Very nice neat work well done.

You can also get apha cable markers to give you the full alphabet & + - / * and the earth symbol, with a few others that escape me now!

Common in electrical control panel building.

Paul

I'm still taken aback when I see new colours on a 3 phase board! Habit still tells me I should be looking at red, blue and yellow!
I am working in a 400KV substation and I can tell you that everything there is still marked up RYB!

most of the steel work is painted grey so dont think grey black brown would look that good. EU harmonisation is the daftest thing IMO