Accenta 8 Mini house alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonti

Reaction score
Hi, forgive me for I know that my octogenarian brain is slowing down,
Like other posts I had a problem with the input code on the keypad, and as other keys are ok. I tried to change the code and thats were I messed up.
I obviously got it all wrong I could not get the pad to change code and when the bells went off, I had to quickly download the engineers code and enter it.
I felt lucky that the engineers code worked.
So now I have a system all lit up, but I dont know how to put a code. I read on another post of key number 8 being part of key input, Would that apply to mine?
I keep thinking I have missed something obvious
Can anyone help please
I thankyou in advance
Cheers Jonti

DSCF5848.JPGDSCF5848.JPGDSCF5846.JPGDSCF5846.JPG

This looks very interesting, and is something to work with
I will report back, Thank you very much

(y) I am pretty sure that is a copy of the printed manual that used to come with a brand new out of the box panel..
So all relevant info should be somewhere in that document....?

If not......
I don't really know, or couldn't recommend anywhere else you should look?
😟

Ooops I forgot to say...
Welcome to the Forumbulator!...

🍺🍻🍺🍻🥂🍷🍺🍻🥂🍷🍻🍻🍻🍻🍷🥂🍺🍺🍺🍺🥃🥃🍸🍸🍹🍾🥂🍺
The virtual bar on the 4th floor can get busy at the weekend...

But some members may have accumulated private stocks to save queuing....
so don't get confused if other posts may show obvious signs of intoximication...
when you are still waiting to be served before adding your next post!!!

Side Note:-
Another of our members 'Richard the 9th' may have more comprehensive info as he is pretty genned-up on alarm systems?

So keep logging back in just to check?

Last edited:
As far as I remember if you disconnect the power and battery the panel defaults to the codes in the manual. Manual says on re-powering the panel press re-set twice, should beep to confirm.

Had a plumber in recently and you guessed he has done something to the cabling and neither number pad light up or work anymore, too busy putting right the mess he made to investigate at the moment, hey ho.

Try pressing reset then reset and see if your panel returns to unset, if so try entering your own code again if this fails your panel needs resetting, which means removing the the front cover, so power down remove front cover disconnect battery, disconnect any cable in the set terminal and left-hand PA terminal fit a shorting cable between these 2 terminals power back up wait for alarm to start, power down reinstate any removed cables replace front cover your code I believe will now be 0123

(y) I am pretty sure that is a copy of the printed manual that used to come with a brand new out of the box panel..
So all relevant info should be somewhere in that document....?

If not......
I don't really know, or couldn't recommend anywhere else you should look?
😟

Ooops I forgot to say...
Welcome to the Forumbulator!...

🍺🍻🍺🍻🥂🍷🍺🍻🥂🍷🍻🍻🍻🍻🍷🥂🍺🍺🍺🍺🥃🥃🍸🍸🍹🍾🥂🍺
The virtual bar on the 4th floor can get busy at the weekend...

But some members may have accumulated private stocks to save queuing....
so don't get confused if other posts may show obvious signs of intoximication...
when you are still waiting to be served before adding your next post!!!

Side Note:-
Another of our members 'Richard the 9th' may have more comprehensive info as he is pretty genned-up on alarm systems?

So keep logging back in just to check?
Thank you

Try pressing reset then reset and see if your panel returns to unset, if so try entering your own code again if this fails your panel needs resetting, which means removing the the front cover, so power down remove front cover disconnect battery, disconnect any cable in the set terminal and left-hand PA terminal fit a shorting cable between these 2 terminals power back up wait for alarm to start, power down reinstate any removed cables replace front cover your code I believe will now be 0123
Ok I will give that a go thank you